2010-02-17 17:37:18 UTC
On the original server I specified target groups soem time ago so I could
test update on some computer and I deployed the settings using Group
Policies. One of these groups is "IT Tests". The replica WSUS server shows
the groups, updates, and approvals.
I changed the group policies on a small set of computer to have them update
via the replica server now and I also changed their target group to the
group "IT Tests" and approved some updates for IT Tests on the master
server. The update approvals also show on the replica now as well. The
clients I moved over to the replica server by changing their GP settings are
now showing on the replica server, however they appear on the Unassigned
computer group, not the "IT Tests" group.
When I check the local WindowsUpdate.log file in the C:\Windows folder it
had a line showing the change in server and the change in the target group
changed to IT Tests. I have run "wuauclt /resetauthorization /detectnow" to
see if that would kick it into place however it did not. The updates I
approved for the IT Tests group are not being deployed to the computers I
want. They are not seeing any new approvals waiting for them.
If I go to the server and I manually put a computer into the IT Tests group
it will update with all the approved updates, but none of the ones I set to
the new target with GPs move into the IT Tests group on their own.