Deleting computer accounts in AD also deletes them in WSUS??
Dale
2005-10-14 21:52:04 UTC
I use GP to assign computer accounts to groups in WSUS.
Question:
When I delete a computer account from Active Directory, will it synch and
delete the computer account from WSUS?????
Thanks,
Dale
Lawrence Garvin [MVP]
2005-10-15 02:22:21 UTC
No, Dale, it will not.

The only way to remove computers from WSUS is:
(a) Manually remove the computer using the "Remove Computer" link in the
interface, or
(b) Use the "CleanStaleComputers" tool in the WSUS Server Diagnostic
Tool.

The only relationship that exists between WSUS and Active Directory is the
use of Group Policy to push configuration information into the client's
registry. Beyond that there really is no AD integration.
Dale
Dale
2005-10-16 00:21:27 UTC
Thank you so much for your reply. I didnt know there was a
'cleanstalecomputers' tool for wsus. Thanks again!
Dale
No, Dale, it will not.
Dale
sgmaxmp11
2008-08-02 23:04:01 UTC
Post by Dale
Thank you so much for your reply. I didnt know there was a
'cleanstalecomputers' tool for wsus. Thanks again!
Dale
No, Dale, it will not.
Dale
sgmaxmp11
2008-08-02 23:05:00 UTC
Post by Dale
Thank you so much for your reply. I didnt know there was a
'cleanstalecomputers' tool for wsus. Thanks again!
Dale
No, Dale, it will not.
Dale
sgmaxmp11